The Management Committee continues to actively monitor the Coronavirus outbreak.
We have assessed the risk to our community for upcoming programs based on the precautionary measures outlined below:
- Limit the number of large indoor gatherings
- Be mindful of the risk posed to the elderly who are most vulnerable to the virus
- Temporarily stop niyaz and tabarruk which are served in a confined area
- Continue to actively asses the risks and keep the community informed
If the number of infections in the UK continues to increase, it is highly likely that additional actions will be implemented including the temporary closure of the mosque with online programs only.
Status on Upcoming Programs:
- Daily Jamaat Namaaz: No change and will continue until further notice
- Fajr Namaz and Breakfast (Sunday 8th March): Will continue, details to follow shortly
- Imam Ali Khushali (Sunday 8th March): Will continue, details to follow shortly
Other programs from Monday onwards: To be confirmed, further updates will follow
We strongly request that no children under the age of 16, no seniors over the age of 60 and those with underlying conditions (such as diabetes, respiratory, asthma, breathing difficulty) do not attend the programs because children are most likely to catch and spread the virus and the elderly and those with underlying conditions are most vulnerable to the virus.
Families are recommended to celebrate Imam Ali Kushali and follow the program online www.mkslileicester.org
Expectations from attendees to programs:
We request all attendees to adhere to the following:
- Do not shake hands, hug or kiss
- Avoid close contact with people
- Wash hands regularly
- Dispose of tissues and cups immediately after use
Attendees are requested to exercise prevention and maintain strict hygiene, including bringing their own personal prayer items (chadders, matts and turbahs)
- Foreign travel: If you have recently returned from Iran, Italy or other Coronavirus hotspots you should immediately call NHS111, stay indoors and do not attend the mosque programs and observer self-isolation for at least 14 day.
- Feeling unwell: If you are feeling unwell and have fever, coughing or breathing difficulty, do not attend the mosque program and observer self-isolation for at least 14 days.
- Hygiene: NHS advice is that we should regularly wash hands for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching mouth and eyes.
The Communities Best Interest First:
The Management Committee take the health, well-being and safety of our members with the upmost of importance. With the continued spread of Coronavirus within the UK, we are forced to take these measures and appreciate your support and understanding. If you have any questions please contact the any member of the Management Committee, all matters will be treated in the strictest confidence.
On behalf of the Management Committee of MKSI Leicester